Ancient Peaks Winery was the very first winery my husband and I visited when we moved to San Luis Obispo and is home to two of our favorite wines: Oyster Ridge and Renegade – perfectly balanced red blends.
This winery exemplifies what I like about wine tasting on the Central Coast, the people are friendly eager to share their knowledge, and celebrate the wine of the region. The girl who served us today enthusiastically told us about the unique climate of Santa Margarita; somehow the coastal fog, looming peaks, and complex soil types all come together to make unbelievably good wines. In fact, they offer guided vineyard tours and zip-line adventures so you can truly experience everything the terrain has to offer.
If you go…
- Call ahead if you are interested in a guided vineyard tour or zipline tour
- Tours are offered on the weekends by appointment (call to make reservation)
- Zipline tours are offered through Santa Margarita Adventures, you can book online or by phone
- Check in on Yelp – I was able to get a discount through the app
- Your wine tasting is complimentary with the purchase of a bottle of wine